WF-3640 ADF will not feed on Copy or Scan, from computer or on printer

Hi All,

Have read LOTS of posts and watched LOTS of videos, but have found nothing like my issue.

Printer prints great, scans and copies off the plate, but ADF will not operate.

Very, very little use. Reloaded all software. Cleaned every roller, checked mechanical funations, ADF light comes on when paper is pushed in, but when copy or scan activated, a blank sheets pops out quickly as the warning shows on screen or printer that there is a paper jamb in the ADF. Thus occurs whether is activated via the computer, or on the printer, itself.

The only thing odd I have noted is that the software does not have a box for Mode that is mentioned in all the documentation. The Mode box for selecting Home, Office or Professional is missing completely. Computer us Macbook Pro.

Thoughts?

OK - so, stumbled on the odd thing that is apparently the issue ... as now it works fine.

Open the ADF cover ... on the bottom, left side close to the hinge there is a slot with a white plastic tab ... push the tab back towards the end of the ADF cover that opens and you should hear/feel a click ... that's it.

See photo.

Attachments

• IMG_9533.JPG
    IMG_9533.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 10
Will continue to update.

Spring on the tab was out of place. Disassembled ADF, reinstalled spring .. on power up the light bar lights, resets, but am now getting scanner malfunction code 0X20.

Did this twice, but still getting same code.

Online research indicates this relates to the ink pad maintenance box?

Any ideas?

OK - if nothing heard from anyone, I'm going to sign off from this forum ... last update.

Disassembled, again, to take a look inside the scanner bed, itself. The mechanism in the photo, above, looks normal. The scanning bar is spring mounted and slide on a lubricated bar, the two clips float with it.

I removed and checked the entire drive mechanism where the spring initially fell from - comes apart and goes back together normally - even if it was screwed up, I can't see why it would throw the 0x20 code.

I completely traced all the wiring to ensure no damage - all good - all wires in all connectors look solid.

The Maintenance Box chip looks secure, the pickup chip inside the container area where the box slide into is solid - removed the bracket holding the chip to examine the chip ... all look fine - like new.

The box itself - I don't have a frame of reference, but it looks like it is not full - but would that matter? And, for this to be the issue it would need to occur at exactly the time I am working on a separate and disassociated component?

Thoughts, ideas, guesses?

Ask a Question