WF-4740 - 100016 Error

Discussion in 'Epson' started by JoeV, Jan 20, 2020.

1. JoeV

JoeV

My printer has been installed for about 18 months now. A few months ago I started getting the 100016 scanner error on the main panel. As a result I cannot scan!!

Found numerous posts about updating the driver, but doing so resolves the issue for only a short time.

In the past month, I have removed all Epson software, drivers, and any vestige of the printer. Same result after just a brief time. Today, I was granted 30 minutes before the error resurfaced.

At this point I don't know what to do beside throwing this thing out!!! Has anyone who has had this issue found a permanent solution?

Thanks.

JoeV, Jan 20, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. JoeV

BaldwinCK

Same exact situation & issue. Support not responsive, blaming staffing issues on the coronavirus. Anyone out there with a fix?

BaldwinCK, Mar 28, 2020
    1. Advertisements

3. JoeV

cllhowky

I've had my WF-4740 for a couple of years and really haven't had any issues until now. I'm getting the scanner error 100016 and nothing I do seems to resolve it. Anyone else had any luck??

cllhowky, May 5, 2020
  4. JoeV

GenG

Did you ever hear anything? I have the same 100016 problem.

GenG, Jun 26, 2020
  5. JoeV

JoeV

I never did. Printer lost ito ability to network 2 months ago. Dumped the POS and got a less capable HP.

what a waste of money - never buying anything from Epson again.

JoeV, Jun 26, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question