WF 4740 scanner error 10016

The error 10016 has popped up on the printer screen. I have turned the machine off and unplugged it. I left it for 24hrs. I plugged it back in and turned it on. It booted up but went right into the error message again. It would not let me go to settings or any menu options. The only option is to turn it off. I turned it off and had read on one of the other forums that if I remove the paper trays and push start, it will correct the error. In my case it did not; same error came up. What is going on with this printer and what is the fix for it?

The error 10016 has popped up on the printer screen. I have turned the machine off and unplugged it. I left it for 24hrs. I plugged it back in and turned it on. It booted up but went right into the error message again. It would not let me go to settings or any menu options. The only option is to turn it off. I turned it off and had read on one of the other forums that if I remove the paper trays and push start, it will correct the error. In my case it did not; same error came up. What is going on with this printer and what is the fix for it?
According to Epson, this is not a software issue it is a hardware problem. They offered to give me a 15% discount on a new model...but it was only a select group of printers. I'm going to buy something other than Epson.

According to Epson, this is not a software issue it is a hardware problem. They offered to give me a 15% discount on a new model...but it was only a select group of printers. I'm going to buy something other than Epson.
They told me the same thing. I told them I wouldn’t buy another Epson. They didn’t seem to care lol. What is odd is I can print from my iPad but not from my Mac. Hardware problem???

Ask a Question