What do you think of compatible/re-manufactured ink cartridges?

Hi all, I work for inkcartridges.uk.com. I don't want all you shop owners turning this into a link-fest so try not to unless necessary.

Anyway... I wanted to start a bit of a discussion on here about what the general thought is about compatible/re-manufactured ink cartridges is. I've seen alot of posts on here claiming that all compatibles are bad and that none work, but I've seen alot of people specifically wanting to buy compatible cartridges.

So what's your opinion? I personally think that it all depends on where you're getting your compatible cartridges from, lots of people go on ebay and buy $0.50 cartridges from china and complain about the results damaging the reputation of all compatible ink cartridges.

So let me know what you think...

As you said, it all depends on the manufacturer. Best bet, find a supplier that has a money back guarantee - then at least you can try a set, and if they dont work in your printer you wont have lost any money.

This is an interesting topic....I also think it very much depends on expectations too - what you actually want from your printer and how you will want it to perform. There's a huge range of compatible cartridges ranging from a basic unbranded to a better performing branded or remanufactured cartridge.
I've recently written an article on the subject of compatible cartridges on the ezinearticles site and whether they're the right choice for everyone. If anybody wants a read link below:
Compatible Ink Cartridges - Some News and Views

Ask a Question