What printer for 120K color pages per month?

I'm trying to find a printer that can print 4,000 to 5,000 color pages in 4 hours, every day, for a total of around 100 to 120k pages/month.

Here's some basic needs and what I do.

1. I only print 8.5 x 11 standard letter, 20lbs (75-80gsm) paper.
2. Duplex is required.
3. Color is required.
4. After a high enough color/ppm, cost per page is the most important factor.
5. The quality does not need to be extrodinarily great, and the printed pages get recycled at the end of the week, so the printed pages dont need to last long.

Here's two things I dont need:

1. I do not need to fax/copy/scan/ect. Just print... a lot.
2. I do not need any fancy finisher, just a regular output bin

Thats about it. I've seen the HP CM8060, and considered it, as well as the RISO COMCOLOR 3010, but I cant find the cost per page on either of the printers.

Speaking of cost per page, my historical coverage has been:
Black: 5.9%
Cyan: 1.2%
Magenta: 0.9%
Yellow: 4.1%

I've done my own cost analysis of my current printer (HP Color LaserJet 9500hdn) and right now my cost per page is 9.7 cents per page (11.7 with paper cost for single sided, 21.4 cents per double sided page including paper). Right now that means I'm spending about $13,000 USD per month, and I would really like to get that below $10K if I can.

Any suggestions on printers would be great, and the cost per color page (with what coverage that cost was derived from) for the HP CM8000 or RISO's would be even more helpfull.

Sam

Hi,

Try the Printer Search tool on Printware - just enter what it is your looking for and it will return suitable printers for you. Not able to link to it in the post as only contributed three times to this forum.

The Epson AcuLaser C4200 appears to match your requirements but if you use this tool, you will be able to segment a list of printers down to your specific needs.

Sam,

I took a look at that Epson AcuLaser C4200, and its in the wrong class of printer. 4,000 pages per day minimum, and we've been as high as 6,000 per day. If you devide our highest recorded day, (6,000 color pages) by the amout of time we have (4 hours, 240 minutes) I need a real speed of 25ppm, AFTER printer calibrations, cleanings, cartridge changes, and paper reloading; and with enough time left over to punch holes and sort the printed stuff.

Thanks for the tip on printware. It seems to work decently, although my printer needs seem to go above and beyond some of the search options. Still, its a usefull tool. Thanks.

Ask a Question