Windows 7 Brother ADS-2200 The Device is busy TW1-205

We installed a new Brother ADS-2200 scanner last week. This week the user is getting the error, "The Device is busy. After the current scanning operation is completed, please try again. TW1-205". There is an "OK" button to dismiss that dialog (dialog title: TWAINDS32). This doesn't happen on every scan, but does so with annoying frequency.

The "current scanning operation" is complete. All pages have been scanned and loaded into the application. Allegedly, the user is unable to click the OK button and has to reboot her computer (Windows 7).

Any ideas?

Problem appears to be solved. After having the same problem with both Foxit and Adobe Standard, and after it persisting through reboots. We finally tried power off the scanner. That seems to fix it. It turns out there was a power glitch in the office the day it started misbehaving. Possibly that glitched the scanner.

I'm back. This is still a problem. At least once a day, usually more often, scanning fails with a TW1-205 error, "The device is busy. After the current scanning operation is completed, please try again." There is no "current scanning operation" running. This happens whether using Adobe or PhantomPDF. In fact, the error persists through reboots. The only way to clear it is to power off/on the scanner. That is a real nusance, especially if the user has not finished scanning.

I've download (from the Brother website) and installed the most recent Windows 7 driver which is dated 2018-07-07, however, when I list the driver version in printer properties it still shows 2017-11-30, version 18.14.30.402. Not sure what's up with that -- why is it not showing the new, supposedly installed driver?

Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated. I've got about a week or of grace period before this user tosses out this scanner and goes back to Fujitsu.

Ask a Question