Wireless connection

I have two Brother printers: HL-2270DW and MFC-L2700DW. If the internet connection goes out for any reason, it's a nightmare for both printers. When the internet connection is restored, they still will not print, even when the WLAN report says Connection OK. But here's the worst part - there seems to be nothing I can do to fix this, except to wait. Eventually they'll start working normally again, and I have no idea why. Could be a few hours or maybe a few days, but then all of a sudden they're back. Until the next outage. Even a complete reinstall doesn't always work (and is obviously a pain to go thru each time). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Try this. It may have to do with power, but works. Put printers on a UPS so they never lose power. I have fount this to cause connection errors. Now reset the printer back to Network Defaults. Once done, run the Wireless Wizard and connect back up to your router. This might work. Best to use a static IP for the printer outside the DHCP range of the router also.

Ask a Question