Workforce pro WF-5620 not recognising ink cartridges

Hi,
I have been having issues with my compatible cartridges for a while. It has not picked up on the ink cartridges except for the magenta can anyone advise and help please. I have never had the problem before. But it won’t print properly due this reason.

Could be a firmware update that is rejecting compatible cartridges with older chips.

Might be worth finding a retailer with confirmed up to date chips or simply asking someone who sells them if there's any known chips that have problems with that model.

EDIT:
Also worth changing out the Magenta and trying a completely new set that are all from the same purchase. Sometimes the chips can be from different batches and/or have different programming so they won't play nice unless together.

I use a lot of "compatible" cartridges. Unfortunately, they are most often somewhat cheap Chinese knock-offs. Also, keep in mind the contacts on the printer-to-chip were designed to work with cartridge chips that are changed whenever the cartridges are. They don't make very firm contact, and long-term use of a reset chip can result in a little bit of oxidation preventing good contact.

I find in my printers that they will often work for a while, then even right in the middle of a print, one of them stops making good contact and the printer suddenly gets cranky and tells me one cartridge stopped working.

I have had success with two things. On my occasional-use printers I simply use contact cleaner on the chip contacts just before I insert the cartridge every time. So each time it's filled. Secondly, on a couple of my printers that get a lot of use and need high reliability I have actually switched to a chipless firmware.

Ask a Question