xerox 550 or xerox 700

Need some advice please, i currently run a small printing business, Valdezign Print, Another Level In Design Valdezign Print, Another Level In Design and im looking to buy a new xerox, i currently own a xerox 242 but the business is growing, i was looking at xerox 700 but my sales rep that the 550 is the same and 10,000 euros less. But is it just as good? Or is he just trying to sell my a 550? I want somthing the is future proof and that will allow me to grow as my business grows. So if anyone can help me and give me some advice. On the pros and cons of the two printers.

Need some advice please, i currently run a small printing business, Valdezign Print, Another Level In Design Valdezign Print, Another Level In Design and im looking to buy a new xerox, i currently own a xerox 242 but the business is growing, i was looking at xerox 700 but my sales rep that the 550 is the same and 10,000 euros less. But is it just as good? Or is he just trying to sell my a 550? I want somthing the is future proof and that will allow me to grow as my business grows. So if anyone can help me and give me some advice. On the pros and cons of the two printers.

Hi,
Well it all depends on your business. What is the type of printing?
The Xerox 550/560 are the entry level devices of the production range offered by Xerox.
The x700 Is the entry large device of the production range.
If you put the devices on a lineup the x700 is the device above the the 550/560.

But at the end of the day what is important for you is how much money the printer will generate for your business.

You need to make your math.
The expected life cycle for profit considerations is 60 months (This is not the product life cycle or durability).
Are you leasing or buying the device? get the depreciation cost of the device per month.If you're buying split the cost per 60.
How much is your current print volume per month on this device (BW/Col)?
How much is in average the bw and color coverage of your print jobs? (Standart is 6% Bw and 8% color).
Do you know how much money you spend in consumables? If not extrapolate from your volumes and usage coverage. Don't forget to include all consumables (Toners+drums+staples+rollers+etc).
Do you know how much you spend in Paper?
After you collect all information and get the Overall monthly cost split that cost per the average monthly volumes. This will generate your cost per impression.

Now you need to do this for the 550 and x700.
Instead of using current volumes use expected volumes for this device.
Taking in consideration your current coverage.
Now calculate the expected consumables usage (You can get PVP costs from xerox website).
Generate your future cost per impression.

Compare both and go with the most profitable ;)

If you need quality over cost the x700 is better.
:D

Hi somel, thanks for the reply. Thats the miot important reason i am upgrading becuase my current machine is costing me 10c a click, with overheads and service around 40c a click. The rep said he could get me down to 5c for the 550 and 700 for 4.70c a click. So for growing a business i was thinking the 700

Hi somel, thanks for the reply. Thats the miot important reason i am upgrading becuase my current machine is costing me 10c a click, with overheads and service around 40c a click. The rep said he could get me down to 5c for the 550 and 700 for 4.70c a click. So for growing a business i was thinking the 700

Just a question out of the Blue. It would be more worth for you a full contract with Xerox for this device, did you consider that option?

On this type of contracts(Normally 5 years) the price of the printer and consumables is included on a price per Impression. You then agree with xerox on a price and on a minimum print volume (if you monthly do not reach that volume you're charged a flat rate). If you have serious Volumes it will end being more beneficial for you.

Yeah if i get it, i will get a five year service contract with them. Anyone know what a good price to pay for a xerox 700? Are around. Becuase i got ripped off for my 242 and i dont want the same thing to happen here.

xerox 700

xerox 700 is recomended

Last edited:

Ask a Question