Pixma MG3150 Wireless problems?!

Discussion in 'Canon' started by dpr666, Jan 17, 2012.

1. dpr666

dpr666

Hi all,

The other day I bought a Canon Pixma MG3150 to be used as a standalone wireless printer. After setting it up and installing the drivers on my computer I searched for a printer connected wirelessly to my network. I found the printer and all of my wireless printing for that day was successful.

The following morning I went to print something wirelessly, however I received an error message to inform me that my computer could not communicate with the printer?! When I looked at the printer the small display was blank. I presumed it had gone into sleep mode and pressed the ON button (a number "1" was again displayed). I then restarted my computer, however I still received the same error.

The next step I took was to restart (without losing any settings) my wireless router. After I had taken this step my computer finally managed to print over my wireless network. Since buying the printer I have had to repeat these steps every day! Is there any way that I can stop the printer from going into sleep mode? This is the only explanation I can think of for why one day the printer will work fine but not the next.

Many Thanks in advance!

dpr666, Jan 17, 2012
    1. Advertising