400 & 800 photo printer heads???

About 12 to 13 years ago I had a photo printer model unknown. It was only about 3 months old and the print head some of the ink heads were not printing correct. I called Epson tech service and they had me do several things while I was with them on the phone with them. In the end he said I would have to ship it to them for repair and probably need a new print head because they were having problems with them clogging. I said hey this is only 3 months old and I think you should send me a call tag to ship it. He said take it back to where you bought it for an exchange. I took it back to Best Buy and they would no do anything to help other that ship it to Epson. I sold it for parts for $75.00 on craigs list.

Now my question is now today are the 400 & 800 printers have problems with print heads clogging. I read some where here they should be used often to prevent heads from clogging up. I never heard of this statement with several other printer manufactures.
Is this actually correct about these two printers 400 & 800 series. I am really interested in these two printers BUT If I am subject to head problems I do not want to deal with this again especially what you pay for them. If so how often must they be used to prevent head clogging?

Feed back will be greatly appreciated on Epson print head problems if they are still a problem.

Thank you Bill

Ask a Question