7800 filter failed error message

I have spent over 8 hrs on the phone with Apple and Epson. Apple did a total disk scan of my computer trying to print from the Epson Test Print thru the Epson Print Utility. We are running latest OS 10.12.6 and we came up with this error message indicating that the driver for the Epson printer is the error. We tried running this direct from the computer to the printer as well as thru the network and same issue keeps coming up. Epson's customer service reps have varied from we will push this up to technical to another customer service rep who rudely spoke to me and summed up the conversation that it's an "Apple" issue. We have tried to print off 2 different computers and 2 different OS 10.11 and 10.12 to the same results. I have a Canon printer here in the office and it runs fine off the same computer. Very frustrating with the lack of response from Epson.

This is the error thread: (/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescpII) stopped with status 206 (Interface output queue is full)

The driver's that I downloaded off of Epson's site says that it's from 2014? How could it possibly be working with later Apple OS?

Any suggestions besides trashing a perfectly $3500 good printer with over $1k worth of inks in it?

Thanks

Perhaps the clue is "Interface Output Queue Is Full".
Try emptying Queue and start over with printable document
Just try simple two line document.

macOS 10.12.x/OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9

1. Select the
    drv_mac_apple.gif
    menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
  2. Double-click your product to open the print queue.
  3. Select the pending print job(s) in the list, then click
    icon_mac_circle_with_x.jpg
If that fails, try re-install Printer Driver V9.33 from here:
https://epson.com/Support/Printers/.../s/SPT_C594001UCM?review-filter=macOS+10.12.x

Be sure to uninstall original printer driver first.

Another thought: Could your Firewall or AntiVirus interfere with install process?

Last edited:

Ask a Question