Airprint compatible?

But, I can print from my laptop wireless. On the I-phone, I don't see the print icon when looking at the message to print. Is it that only e-mails can be printed from the I-phone, and not other messages? We don't do e-mail on the I-phone.
Ralph

I expect that you are using the browser print function on the laptop. I choose the "Print" option from the box-with-up-arrow icon in the iPhone banner at the top. But I seem to recall that the 'Print' option in that box/arrow icon wasn't available on a site that I visited once. Probably a copyright issue. But if you are getting to the "No AirPrint printers available" error, you have to be doing a lot correctly. ...Stupid question, but you are on your WiFi with your iPhone...yes? ...Settings-WiFi-Select-Password...

I'm using Airprint on an Epson NX430. I can print both eMail and 'Notes' from my iPhone 6 without special configuration. I do get a 'Choose Printer' screen and my NX430 populates on the next screen, which I then have to select. I don't see anywhere in my iPhone 6 to configure a printer, it just happens.
I also print the puzzles from my local paper on a very old iPad using the browser (Safari). The printer access there is within the newspaper app. I can print from my browser too, but it formats badly.

Good luck.

I appreciate your help. But it looks impossible. Text messages show neither of the 2 print icons described by you and the massive I-phone instructions and an Apple community. Am using AT&T U-Verse for Wi-Fi. Can print from laptops wirelessly. Yes, the I-phone shows connected to the AT&T router code. It is lit up. My wife uses the I-phone. She would like to print some of the messages from her friends. Apple won't help because the phone is out of warranty. Haven't called AT&T yet. Wouldn't hurt, I guess.

Ralph

Wife punched around enough on a recipe to see the print icon and ultimately the message that no Airprint printer can be found. The Wi-Fi I.D. is the same as on my laptop, and it prints. Is there some app that needs to be downloaded on the I-phone to be able to print?

Ralph

Ask a Question