Can't print via USB-Airprint problem Mac

Trying to print a CD on Epson xp-640. When I select printer I get error saying my mac is connected via airprint and I need a ddriver from Epson. Does anyone know WHICH driver or how to get around this? Thanks.

I have faced the same problem too. Then I have followed these steps and resolve my issue. You also follow these steps.

Downloaded the Apple Epson driver .dmg package as per Berman's instructions

2) deleted everything from my list of printers

3) installed the drivers

4) manually installed the printer by selecting its name and NOT SecureAirPrint or AirPrint

5) reopened PrintCD and selected File >> Update Printer Information***

6) after that last step, I went in and tried to print, and selected the XP-830 from the drop-down list, and it recognized it and was ready to print.

The VERY frustrating process to have to figure all this out.

Step #5 on my list was the crucial bit that was left out of every other list of steps to get this going. Apparently, you need the Apple Epson Driver but you need to tell Print CD that you have that before it will recognize the printer.

Note!!!!!!!!!!--follow the instructions on your printer. Pull out the tray for the XP-830 and have the disc sitting in it, but do not load it until the printer asks for it, and then follow the instructions on your printer for how to load it. DONT shove the tray all the way in; instead, slide it in (push gently but firmly) until the marks on the printer and the marks on the tray line up. Then hit "start" and it will do the rest.

I have faced the same problem too. Then I have followed these steps and resolve my issue. You also follow these steps.

Downloaded the Apple Epson driver .dmg package as per Berman's instructions

2) deleted everything from my list of printers

3) installed the drivers

4) manually installed the printer by selecting its name and NOT SecureAirPrint or AirPrint

5) reopened PrintCD and selected File >> Update Printer Information***

6) after that last step, I went in and tried to print, and selected the XP-830 from the drop-down list, and it recognized it and was ready to print.

The VERY frustrating process to have to figure all this out.

Step #5 on my list was the crucial bit that was left out of every other list of steps to get this going. Apparently, you need the Apple Epson Driver but you need to tell Print CD that you have that before it will recognize the printer.

Note!!!!!!!!!!--follow the instructions on your printer. Pull out the tray for the XP-830 and have the disc sitting in it, but do not load it until the printer asks for it, and then follow the instructions on your printer for how to load it. DONT shove the tray all the way in; instead, slide it in (push gently but firmly) until the marks on the printer and the marks on the tray line up. Then hit "start" and it will do the rest.

Thank you for providing the solution! You're right about step number 5. Due to my frustration with this issue, I have searched for an answer many times but I have never seen this mentioned anywhere. You solved the problem. Thanks again.

Ask a Question