Bad printing by Epson Stylus Photo TX650

We have had this printer for over two years. We have not used it a lot. It has started to print about five blurred lines per page. We have carried out the recommended head cleaning and nozzle check maintenance procedures several times. Epson Customer Support advised us to do this several times but the problem is still there. The cartridges are all new. We have been advised that this printer will develop head problems if not used regularly. A head cleaning kit can be purchased. It involves removing the cartridges and injecting the supplied fluid. We would like an independent comment on this problem

My apologies for two posts on the same issue. I thought the first post had gone astray but I was wrong! It was my first post on this Forum and I am learning how it works. What do the open and closed envelopes on the left hand side of the posts indicate?

I have found an article that prescribes in detail several methods to clean the print heads of Epson printers. It explains why the clogging occurs so what the suggested methods do. I will see which method eases the problem in this case. Stopping the head clogging on Epson printers has to be an ongoing maintenance procedure that differs from the installed procedure.

Ask a Question