Bad prints. Black doesn't print properly.

Hi!

I can't get an image to print properly. Most colors seem to turn out perfectly but the black is either missing or only printed in streaks.

The top image shows my first print of this picture.
The bottom image shows the second print. Almost perfect except at the bottom there's a white streak.

Now every print I do looks just like the first print / top image.

The picture was made in Photoshop consisting of several images composited and edited, if that matters.
I've tried printing it from photoshop and saving it as a pdf / jpg and printing from their own print dialogues.

Canon Pixma MG5753 with latest firmware installed
Windows 7
Photoshop CS6
First Print.JPG
Second Print.JPG

Do you use Canon Cartridges and Ink?
Not currently though. I have made plenty of prints with these cartridges and all turned out fine.

Just out of curiosity:
How often are 3rd party Ink cartridges a culprit in these kinds of problems?
If I switch to Canon ink how do I know if it was fixed because I got the 'right' cartridges or simple because I got new ones?

Any other ideas before I go out and spend money on more cartridges when I've recently bought some.

Either way thanks for your input ruffin.

You may wish to try Canon ink instead.
Wrap your non OEM cartridges in plastic Saran wrap so they will not dry out and re-install Canon cartridges.
You can always return to non OEM later.

You may wish to try Canon ink instead.
Wrap your non OEM cartridges in plastic Saran wrap so they will not dry out and re-install Canon cartridges.
You can always return to non OEM later.
Thanks for the tip. I have ordered new cartridges.

Ask a Question