Brother HL1112 - lights flash but doesn't turn on

I use my Brother HL1112 rarely. Last time I tried to use it, the lights turned on briefly then went out and I wasn't able to turn it on. The next day, same thing, one light flash when first plugged in then no lights and doesn't turn on. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it? It's a few years old but this is the first time I've had any troubles with it.

I tried it plugging directly into the wall socket - it turned on but then same issue (all lights off). I also have other appliances plugged into the powerboard I used originally, including the same socket, and they work.

Did you see this statement at bottom of page?
If your issue is not shown, you can view the complete list in the User's Guide within the Manuals section of this website.

it might be as simple as a damaged power cord, small cost to try but it would be the issue, I have an hp and it has a software utility to diagnose connection issues, perhaps Brother has something similar. These light codes might help if you haven't seen already. I'm only guessing but as you described a single light flash it could be the "zero cross error" which would point to an electrical issue, I would send an email describing your error using the link below, as you say unit is a bit old and obviously out of warranty so they may not help too much.

I think you are probably right it is a power supply issue. However, I’ve had the printer for a long time so might just accept it’s time to buy a new one!

Ask a Question