Brother HL3070 Print Unable 28 Error

Hi All, I have had this printer for quite a few years and its been really reliable in light use.

Today it made an unusual 'click' and it showed "Print Unable 28". It sounded like something broke. The repair manual describes that error as "Drum drive motor error (Incorrect synchronized signal of the drum drive motor)". It suggests power down and on, but that does not help.

I've had a superficial look for broken gears or things obviously out of place. The manual describes a "Drum Develop Drive Unit". Is that the same thing as the Drum Drive motor? The manual is not at all clear on that point.

I attach a shot of the left side in case anyone can point me in the right direction or be familiar with this print mechanism and know the fault.

Thanks

Ken

IMAG0052-1.jpg

Thank you Vinny, much appreciated. I had a similar thought and although a bit stiff they do all turn. The same error appears with them all removed. I also checked that all the gears that turn them are free and they all are.

Does the drum motor have a rotation or position sensor that could have failed?

Thanks

Ken

Ask a Question