Brother ink

Hi

I have the new DCP-J1140DW brother printer.

The ink ran out and I bought some refill ink where you create a hole and pour the ink in.

Frustratingly because the microchip is telling the printer that the cartridge is empty it now won't recognise there's ink in there?

Is there a work round to this? I'm a teacher and I use the printer at school, I can't afford to keep buying the proper brother inks and they don't seem to have released compatible ones for this printer yet.

Thank you
B

D

Deleted member 14725

Is there a work round to this? I'm a teacher and I use the printer at school, I can't afford to keep buying the proper brother inks and they don't seem to have released compatible ones for this printer yet.

Thank you
B
Yes, there is a workaround, but... did you research first how to refill?

This model uses cartridges (LC421), and Brother cartridges require special refill methods, you can search for this on Youtube. UNLESS you do it correctly, you risk your printers printhead. Check first for the right procedure for refilling, as it requires leveled pressure, not just putting the ink inside. No, I don't have any idea from your post if you got this right, please check.

Besides this you have 2 choices. After placing the SAME cartridge but now refilled with ink, the printer SHOULD ask you if you just replaced the cartridge, and you can say yes/no. Sometimes the ink level will be reset, other times it won't, but anyway you will be able to print, but carefully and monitoring the ink levels.

The perfect way is to buy a resetting unit, I've had a few (yes, for Brother), these are cheap, specific for every model, and they will reset your chip information so the ink level shows accordingly.

Yes, I love Brother printers, had a few around, I regret selling them.

Ask a Question