Brother MFC-J475DW Black ink smears with some apps but not with others.

I love this old printer, but recently I’ve noticed this problem, even when the print settings are set identically. I have a brand of glossy water proof sticker paper. When printed from some apps, black ink runs When wet and scratches easily on the paper, but with others, it is water and scratch resistant as the paper advertises. Colored ink does not have this problem. I have a Mac running Mojave. Programs like photoshop, illustrator, silhouette design studio, and Graphic all print fine. But programs like Preview, Safari, and PDF viewers, basically anything not specifically for graphic design, have the running and scratching problem.

Im assuming there’s is some hidden print setting that the graphics programs are using that is not available to the other apps, and I’m wanting to know if there is any way to make it work with all apps. Specifically, I would like to be able to print my shipping labels without having to copy them from safari To illustrator. Maybe the graphics programs are mixing The colored inks together to make black rather than using the black ink? It’s the only thing I can think of.

Ask a Question