Brother iPrint&Scan Mac App Crash

Does anyone else experience the iPrint&Scan app crashing on a mac when clicking on the Machine Scan Settings button?
Apple Mac mini M1 with Sonoma 14.4.1
Brother iPrint&Scan 11.0.1
Brother Push Scan Tool 1.13
Brother MFC-J4440DW
Printer Firmware: 1.36

I have it on my MBA M2, Sonoma 14.4.1. Brother DCP-L2550DW printer with latest firmware. I don't have the Push Scan Tool.
That said, no issues when clicking on the Machine Scan Settings button. No other issues with the app.

Have you tried deleting the printer and app from your Mac, restarting it, then re-installing the printer and apps again? Other than that I don't know what to suggest.

Hi glr
It's reassuring to know that it is working ok for you.
I had deleted the app and reselected the printer but did not think to uninstall the printer driver.
I have since followed your instructions to include deleting the printer and I also reset the mac printing system for good measure but the app still crashes.

That’s unfortunate. You mentioned the Push Scan Tool. That piece of software wasn't included nor even mentioned for my printer so perhaps that's a clue. When doing my research for the app I noticed Brother said you 'may' have to install the tool suggesting to me a slight difference in printers where some models need the tool and others don't. You might want to reach out to Brother and bring it to there attention. Perhaps they have a solution.

Brother Support Website

Ask a Question