Brother printer not recognising genuine cartridge

Hi, new guy here.
I have two identical Brother printers, one running on a Windows 10 OS and the other on a Windows 7. On the same day, both have decided to not recognise the genuine ink cartridges and I have put in (puchased months apart). I've tried all the basic fixes, turning off unplugging with and without the cartridges in.
I'm assuming any Windows updates couldn't have caused this. I can still use the scanner without any problems.
Thanks in advance.

Oh and I have tried fooling it by putting in the old cartridges but even then, both machines refuse to either recognise them, or when they do, they tell me they’re completely empty. This is despite all attempts at rebooting, unplugging and leaving over night etc etc.
The ink was bought from two different suppliers and at different times so it can’t be anything to do with that.
It’s just so frustrating that both are going the exact same thing at the exact same time.

Ask a Question