Can i use Hp printer for sublimation

You will not be able to convert an HP home or office printer to a sublimation printer. Because most HP printers utilize the thermal heat technique to distribute ink onto paper.
HP does have a printer line that can and does support sublimation and UV ink. This unique printer line can print straight into fabric or sublimation paper. They're massive, expensive industrial printers designed specifically for the job.
But I will suggest you to use inkjet printer for sublimation printing because they are less expensive and easy to maintain.

D

Deleted member 14725

Great Community,
I have hp old printer, Can i use it for sublimation?
Nope, sublimation requires piezo print-heads (mechanical), only Epson and Brother distribute such printers in general, while Canon, HP and others are purely thermal (heating). There are some exceptions for VERY specific models like special plotters or high end printers but that's all: exceptions. The problem is outside people use dye and pigment terms without being specific, that's the confusion, and so you will find people (even the brands themselves) talking about pigment when it's a whole different planet than sublimation pigment.

Ask a Question