Epson ET-2650 - Sublimation Printer??

I purchased an Epson ET-2650 for the use for sublimation printing. I've hooked everything up but the colors are not printing true to color. I've read that I need to have an ICC profile or RIP Software, etc. I'm a newbie to this so I'm green and don't know what that is or how I would go about getting it. Also I chatted with Epson and they told me the printer is not a sublimation printer. I'm guessing because I'd be using sublimation ink and not their ink that is why they told me that. So can I use the ET-2650 as a sublimation printer or not and how do I get the colors to be true colors when printing? Any other advice would be great. THANKS

Melissa

Hi Melissa,
have you solved the color problem on your ET-2650? I'm with this same problem, can you help me?

Thanks,

Abud

I purchased an Epson ET-2650 for the use for sublimation printing. I've hooked everything up but the colors are not printing true to color. I've read that I need to have an ICC profile or RIP Software, etc. I'm a newbie to this so I'm green and don't know what that is or how I would go about getting it. Also I chatted with Epson and they told me the printer is not a sublimation printer. I'm guessing because I'd be using sublimation ink and not their ink that is why they told me that. So can I use the ET-2650 as a sublimation printer or not and how do I get the colors to be true colors when printing? Any other advice would be great. THANKS

Melissa
Yes Melissa,
I also confused which printer is best for sublimation and as per my research Epson ET-2650 can be use as sublimation printer. For this you also need sublimation ink and paper. If you use quality sublimation ink then see the result... If you need more info, Let me know.

Ask a Question