Can I use Pigment Black AND Dye Color ink AT THE SAME TIME in my Epson WP-4530?

I use mostly BLACK ink for job printing text, with occasional COLOR ink for a few family photos from time to time.

I have been using the refillable PIGMENT ink cartridges for 2 years, but was thinking about saving money by changing over to DYE ink only for the BLACK cartridge and continue to use pigment in the 3 color cartridges since i seldom use color ink

If i were to print a color photo image, would it use ALL 4 Cartridges (ie.1 dye black and 3 pigment color) OR would it use a mixture of the 3 color cartridges to make the black parts of the photo image?

Do you think using 1 black pigment cartridge along with 3 color dye cartridges would cause a problem for my printer?.

Thanks for any advise or comments!

Yes, If you print a color photo image, it would use all 4 cartidges. Based on my experience, I didn't experience any problem when using together dye and pigment ink cartridges. But, there will be always risk if you are not using the original inks.

Ask a Question