Can the Samsung ML-2955DW be a USB printer and network printer at the same time?

Dear All,

I have a ML-2955DW printer and it is very slow for one user on the network. It is probably that Windows 7 64-bit is corrupted in some way to do this (another printer driver was installed and that seems to have made things slow).

Yes, you are probably thinking the same as me, "flatten Windows and reinstall", but this user is a VIP in the company and they have lots of important software on the machine and are paranoid that any work on the machine will cause downtime.

Currently, it is a network printer, used by two people.

As a short-cut for the time-being, I was wondering if the printer could be set up as a USB printer AND a network printer at the same time?

Regards,

QuietLeni

Good news!

Dear All,

Yep, this printer can act as a network printer or as a USB printer at the same time!

Just in case someone else asks this question...

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni

Sorry to be hijacking your thread, but would you mind checking if your ML-2995DW printer connects automatically (via WiFi) to your router after rebooting the router, say? Mine does not, unless I restart the printer manually.

Ask a Question