Canon Customer Services a disgrace

Canon Customer Support is a joke that isn't funny.

I bought a brand new Canon TS5151 printer in October 2020. Nice machine, looks good, text prints well, photos mediocre ........ BUT customer service is TERRIBLE. I used the printers "test" cartidges that are in the printer when you buy it, until the "Ink Running Low" message appeared. I replaced them at the end of December 2020 with two brand new GENUINE Canon Cartridges from John Lewis. Since then I have printed a only a few pages of text, and half a dozen small photos. Within no time I got the "ink running low" message again (within a couple of weeks of installing them). The black cartridge is showing full, but the colour cartridge is showing empty (after 6 small photos). I emailed to Canon cutomer support. They emailed back telling me in great detail, how a printer works and how to switch it on and off. Then implied that John Lewis may have sold me non-genuine cartridges. In other words "go away, stop bothering us".
I emailed back to them, and they have sent the same reply again. This is a BRAND NEW CANON PRINTER, with BRAND NEW GENUINE CANON CARTRIDGES .... and Canon couldn't care less.

Ask a Question