Canon G650 - When printing photos - image gradually creeps to the right leaving a wider and wider border

Hello All. Not sure if this is the correct place for this question. It may be a settings problem.
My OS is Windows 11. When I print images on photo glossy paper the left hand border gets wider and wider and the image moves over. I carries on getting worse for the next page ie further over. The page after that starts further over still and then part way through the printer stops and I get a paper jam error message. It is as if the paper is not entering the print area in a straight line ie is skewed. But the leading edge border is parallel.
I've checked for debris in the paper path and it looks clear.
If I switch back to plain paper and run a test print the problem doesnt occur.
If I print an image on plain paper the problem doesnt occur. (unless it is following a previous skewed page).

The problem seems to start when I use glossy photo paper (I'm using HP Everyday 200g/m).
Should I be using a different paper? Any help will be greatfully received.
Many Thanks,
Bob

Hi,
Experiencing print issues on glossy photo paper with Windows 11?
Ensure you've selected the right paper type in settings update printer drivers and check for any calibration options in your printer manual. Adjust paper guides in the tray handle glossy paper carefully and experiment with different print quality settings. Verify the paper weight compatibility and check for debris in the paper path.
If the problem persists contact the printer manufacturer support for specific guidance.

One of our Pro-100's was having a similar print issue during testing where the bottom right end would creep in with a sliver of unprinted space. It was only with a specific type of paper that we've never used before and stopped using it once it was done. We would have better luck achieving full borderless prints when we slightly opened the paper aligners a hair more and also held the top of the 11x17 paper with a hand so when the printer opens up to allow the feed, it goes down with slightly more force. We're not sure if the last part really helped, but the results were more often better when we did. We switched papers and haven't looked back.

Thank you both.
I have now solved the problem. It was caused by using Koala paper - Canon sent me amazon reviews saying the paper is not suitable for canon printers. I stopped using it but it had caused paper jams. In clearing the jams I got some dirt or similar on the timing strip causing streaks on photos - I cleaned the timing strip and my prints are now good.

Ask a Question