Canon IP8750 OHP question

Wow, what a great printer..... never any trouble nor clogged heads to date.

I know the ip8750 does transparencies and have used this to print on OHP film to make printed circuit boards, by exposing the 'print' to uV light, I am aware of using Inkjet film and printing on the proper side.

I have always used the printers default setting, it would be nice if the black print could be made more solid looking to block the uV light. Wonder if using the manual driver setting and turning the contrast level up help at all, is there some setting that has escaped my thinking? My aim was to get the thickist ink setting without damaging the printer, thought I'd ask before I tried.

C'mon Canon, how about a little A4 size ' Flat bed' printer for PCB and such other work...?

Thanks Dave

It does seem much better using 'Photo paper II' settimg, using the Colour manual setting using 'grey scale', sliding the Intensity and Contrast fully high, this seems to do the trick.

This will probably do the trick using OHP film for 'inkjet printers', I now gotta try it out, laser OHP film will not work. The print came out black, nice n' crisp, rather that 'wishy washy' as I call it.

No mention in the User manual Canon, why?????? Don't they bother to read these boards???

DO NOT use Inkjet film in a laser printer - it'd melt and damage the drum and other parts.

Dave

Ask a Question