Canon ipf6300

Hi Guys, I run a photography and print shop and am currently experiencing problems with our 3 year old Canon IPF 6300 24" wide format printer. While the printer is 3 years old it has very little work clocked up as for those three years it was out of commission for 12 months due to an unrelated problem.
The printer is loading ordinary plain and photo quality paper rolls and printing perfectly ok, no problems what so ever, it was printing on canvas fine until last week when it started to cough up canvas loading errors. Now when we load a canvas roll the printer throws up an error code that the roll feed is loading crooked. To our minds eye it could not be loading more straight. Now we have changed the roll to a different canvas roll and the the same error message comes up, change back to paper and it loads up fine.
We have tried everything we know but so far it refuses to load the canvas roll and believe me this is very frustrating when customers are waiting for their prints and we have to resort to expensive outsourcing until we get this problem sorted so any ideas of what could possibly be wrong would be much appreciated.

Regards.....blueflame2007.

Hi again, Just to let you know we think we have solved our canvas loading problem. We noticed that when the printer was going through the loading process and feeding the media out through the front that the canvas was slightly crooked and not lined up with the "mark" on the front panel. This was not happening with the photo paper roll or the plain paper roll. By giving the canvas a slight pull to straighten it up before it went back into the roll it seemed to do the trick and the magic printer ready message greeted us much to our surprise and relief. By the way just to let ye know Canon Ireland quoted me €385 plus Vat to send out a tech to look at our printer and no guarantee that they could solve the issue. Needless to say I told them to go and take a running jump and to cop themselves on.

So that's one printer problem solved, one down two to go as we are having smudge issues with our Epson 3880 and our dye sub Sony DR 80 again with paper and ribbon loading problems. I shall be posting about these problems in the relevant areas of the site here or posting new threads looking for solution to our problems.
Regards
Blueflame2007.

Last edited:

Ask a Question