Canon iR1018j

Hello, I have Canon "iR1018j" Printer and Scanner. I have a problem with connectiong this Printer/mfd to a PC. I have windows 10 based operation system and every driver I download from Canon is not recognizing my device when I connect my printer to Pc over usb. Printer is a little bit older modell so it does not support network. Things I have tryed:

- Downloading drivers from Cannon.

-Trying manually adding Device under "Devices and printers" by selecting Virtual Usb 000.

-Searching for any other driver on windows update option ( No new driver found ! ).

-Trying putting compatibility to win xp/7/8.

- Using multiple usb cabel.

- Tryed the tipps that Canon gave with trying to plug usb at proper time.

And nothing worked, can anybody that has expirience or same printer maybe answer my question

Some maybe neccessary info :

Modell of my notebook : Acer aspire 5560G

Updated BIOS.

Be sure you have solid Internet connection before proceeding.
Download this Canon Driver PCL-6 V15.0 appropriate for Win 10 (32 and 64 bit):
https://www.canon-europe.com/suppor...pe=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows 10 (32-bit)

You must uninstall all previous attempts to install. Follow this:
Navigate Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click iR1018 Icon -> Select "Remove device"
Do that for any other iR1018 Icons

Now run the PCL-6 Driver and follow instructions carefully. Some printers require USB cable to be disconnected until instructed to connect. Read your manual for further install instructions. Do not interrupt install process.

Once install is complete, you will see printer here:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers
The iR1018 Icon will have a green check indicating it is the default printer

Be sure you have solid Internet connection before proceeding.
Download this Canon Driver PCL-6 V15.0 appropriate for Win 10 (32 and 64 bit):
https://www.canon-europe.com/support/products/imagerunner/ir1018.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows 10 (32-bit)

You must uninstall all previous attempts to install. Follow this:
Navigate Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click iR1018 Icon -> Select "Remove device"
Do that for any other iR1018 Icons

Now run the PCL-6 Driver and follow instructions carefully. Some printers require USB cable to be disconnected until instructed to connect. Read your manual for further install instructions. Do not interrupt install process.

Once install is complete, you will see printer here:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers
The iR1018 Icon will have a green check indicating it is the default printer

Did not work. Surely there is printer shown in device manager but When I connect my Printer over USB cable to PC there is not even a sound that it is connected. And when I wanted to install the printer manually I did not have option for USB 00x(Virtual device) at all. It just did not show any usb ports to be installed with.... Any other help?

Can you borrow another computer and install iR1018.
This would eliminate Acer and Win 10.

Ask a Question