Canon IX4000 prints too dark on photo rag

Hi

I am new to this forum and hopefully I am posting in the right place :)

I design ahnentafel and print on Canon Photo Rag, size A3+. For some reason the print is not equal to the screen image. It gets much darker than it is supposed to be. Especially the portraits of people are problematic, while the text is OK.

I use the following settings:
Color Sync: Canon iX4000/iX5000 MP2 (Matte Paper)
Media type: Matte Photo Paper
Print Quality: High

I have a Mac and have OSX 10.6.7 and the driver is version 6.5.

I tried to manually brighten the image, but then it turned out too faded. The paper is really expensive and I need to deliver a good product to my clients.

Can anyone help ?

Regards,
Litta

Can be lots issues, make sure that your screen is calibrated, first off. Could be the profiles are not correct, which is why I'm here as well. You could try using the built in paper profile types, and see if one of them gives you something closer to what you are looking for.
I have a few profile issues with my Canon 9000, the dark areas tend to block up (go to black) quite quickly, when you can see that there is detail in the shadows on the screen. My less than scientific way is to lighten about 6-8 points in the printer driver, which seems to help.
Keith

Ask a Question