Canon LBP6300dn Linux driver

Hi
After spending many weeks trying to install all possible versions of Linux and Canon drivers, I'm resorting to your help.
Currently (and for the time being) I'm running Debian 6.0.3 Squeeze 64 bits (I'd happy install other current or recent distributions if required). I tried Arch Linux, Ubuntu, Open Suse and many others - different versions - 32 and 64 bits.
I tried Canon drivers from version 1.90 to 2.30 (the latter available in USA or AU).
I tried unofficial drivers (Radu Cotescu's).
I followed all instructions to the letter.
Every time the printer installs fine with no error messages, but when I print my job stays in the computer queue for a while and goes, but never reaches the printer's que (visible through a web server built into the printer) and the printer does not print a thing. It does work from Windows, though.
There is also a driver for opensolaris (unofficial) but is for a different model (using a similar, if not the same, protocol).
Anything that can be done before dumping the junky thing, please?
Thank you.
PS: Canon you are making such an impression with this!

Ask a Question