Canon MF8280Cw - Auto Feeder Paper Jam

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I ran into a problem scanning. I have scanned 80+ Books so far; with this said, I have worked out most jams and jam situations without too much loss so far until last night.

Started scanning my second run and book 3 jammed 1 page perfectly in the wrong spot. Not enough room to pull it out with my finger tips and pulling reverse destroys the page and us near impossible to remove reverse without damage.

This is what happened. I need to save the remainder page as much as possible by flipping the auto feeder lid up and open (I do not know how to do).

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART40500 under "Clearing Jams (MF8580Cdw/MF8280Cw) says to Hold the green knob and open the inner cover.

My inner cover is different. I cannot open it with the front latch locked down. I cannot move it up.

Does anyone know?

Attached are pictures (I think I am going to have to resize)

Thank you!

20211223-134851.jpg

The "latch" as you can see is being pressed down by front part of the AIO machine. How do you remove it or pop that off to release the front side of the feeder lid?

It's the only thing preventing the feeder lid to open once I press the other side (the back side of the AIO machine).

Thanks again! And thanks Admins/Mods. Great Forum! Hope I find resolve! :)

I still would like to know the answer of how to open the auto feeder bottom lid.

However I was able to power cycle the unit and auto start-up rolling tests spit the page out.

Back to scanning books! Thank you everyone!

Ask a Question