Canon MP495 prints won't scan

I have a year-old Pixma MP495 combo printer/scanner. It was working fine scanning the other day, but now it refuses to scan (though Win 7 sees it and it prints fine via USB). When you tell it to scan it gives the message that the scanner "is warming up" and then finally returns an error saying it's not turned on or the cable is disconnected. I finally was able to scan using the Control Panel/Devices and then right clicking on the scanner and using the Windows scan dialog. I tried uninstalling the Canon software (MP Navigator) and reinstalled the current version. I also installed the most current version driver from Canon's website, but no joy.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I can continue to use the windows scanning function, but it gives pretty weak output, though once tweaked in Photoshop it is okay.

Thanks.

I have same/similar problem with MP499. Everything works except the wireless scanner function. Vista32 can see the scanner and returns a successful test, but when you try to scan it says "scanner not connected". Canon tech 'help' are very unhelpful, refuse to accept there is a problem (ie. must be your computer that's at fault). Anyone any ideas?

Ask a Question