Canon MP530 Print from iMac to printer connected to a PC

I am having trouble getting my new iMac OS X ver 10.6 to print to this printer which is connected to a PC running Windows XP. I downloaded the mac driver and installed it on the Mac. When I try to add a printer, I can see the printer on the search, but it can't find the driver I installed. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Do I have to do anything on the PC to make it allow printing from a Mac? mac comes with a lot of printer drivers, but alas... not mine.

Apple recently updates their print-driver lineup with alot of new drivers for different printers. Also they released a tool that works kind of a Universial Print Driver for many manufacturers.

Try updating your iMac using the Apple icon on the left then Software update and see if you have something to download and try again.

If this doesn't work, make sure you have the latest Mac driver from the manufacturers site.

Ask a Question