Canon MP600R

My Canon MP600R multifunctional inkjet (wireless) printer has stopped printing. The problem is an error message saying there is a paper jam but there is no paper jam. I have checked and checked for anything in the way including blasting compressed air through it. Canons advice is to send it to their repair centre which of course will cost three times more than a printer. I am reluctant to get rid of it without exploring all avenues as I have a stash of cartridges for it.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I suppose you've tried turning it on and off several times.

Perhaps try removing the print-head to induce another error, then putting the print-head back in ... and hope ... it clears itself.

And look around for any sensors that may think something is blocking the paper path.

HTH

A Canon print-head is removed the opposite of putting it in the first time
  • No need to power down if you will be done in 5 - 10 minutes or so
  • Open up the cover (like you were replacing a cartridge)
  • Print-head carrier with carts will move into view
  • Remove the carts
  • Usually on the right side, there will be an "arm" that clamps the print-head in
  • Lift up on the arm to release the print-head being held in
  • Remove the print-head by carefully holding by edges, and lifting up and out
  • Put the clamping arm back down in "clamp" position (without print-head installed)
  • Close the cover
  • Should get different error message about print-head missing (rather than jam)
  • Open cover, put back print-head and carts, and close
  • Hopefully, jam message is cleared

If I'd put the print head in last week I wouldn't remember how it went in let alone 4 years ago. However I can ge the error message to change (still haven't found the print head) by leaving the inner cover open but it always go back to the paper jam message, I doubt it would be any different if I took out the print head.

BTW I have a Lexmark 4350 which has a new black and a new colour cartridge in but the test page only comes out in black if you have any suggestions?

yours

printerless.

A Canon print-head is removed the opposite of putting it in the first time
  • No need to power down if you will be done in 5 - 10 minutes or so
  • Open up the cover (like you were replacing a cartridge)
  • Print-head carrier with carts will move into view
  • Remove the carts
  • Usually on the right side, there will be an "arm" that clamps the print-head in
  • Lift up on the arm to release the print-head being held in
  • Remove the print-head by carefully holding by edges, and lifting up and out
  • Put the clamping arm back down in "clamp" position (without print-head installed)
  • Close the cover
  • Should get different error message about print-head missing (rather than jam)
  • Open cover, put back print-head and carts, and close
  • Hopefully, jam message is cleared

Ask a Question