Canon PIXMA color profiles settings?

Canon PIXMA MX892 Multifunction Printer
Driver 1.01 10/12
Windows XP Pro SP3

I just had my PIXMA MMP780 printer head die. Found I could buy a new printer for the same price as a used printer head.

Bought the above printer but not getting as good photo printing as the MP780. Too much black, colors are over-printed, and overall doesn't look good.

I am using Corel PrintShop Pro X, the same program that gave me great results with the MP780.

Will changing the "Color Profiles" help correct the color problems?

I cannot find ANYTHING on setting the color profiles. There are several profiles listed, currently set to CNBJPRN3 (whatever that means!?)

What are these numbers? What do they mean? How do you select the right one? Do I have to print a picture with each one to determine what changes they make?

I was extremely satisfied with the MP780 and thought Canon's newer MX892 would give the same great results. I am sorely dissatisfied, and especially that there is NO information given about the use of the Color Profiles.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Will be going to Sam's Club to print pictures today.

Ask a Question