Canon Pixma ix6800 color problem

Hi everyone, I purchased a Canon Pixma ix6800 two weeks ago to print photos and so far this is the worst printer I've ever had. The colors are pale and never match my photos. I have tried probably 100 differents settings, printing profiles, print through photoshop, print directly, print with a studio pro software, same results. The cartridge are clean that's not the problem. The worst problem is printing black and white photos, they never come out black and white, they always end up with a blue tint. Anybody have tried this printer ? Are they all like that or did I buy a lemon ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 14725

I have the IX6810, worked perfectly except for this issue here out of nowhere. Anyway the colors have come out perfectly.

Due to your description of the problem, unless the printer is faulty... it could be your printing settings, try printing on grayscale in high resolution on normal paper (settings), and then try the same again with high resolution inkjet paper setting, this forces to use a different black injector.

D

Deleted member 14725

Hi everyone, I purchased a Canon Pixma ix6800 two weeks ago to print photos and so far this is the worst printer I've ever had. The colors are pale and never match my photos. I have tried probably 100 differents settings, printing profiles, print through photoshop, print directly, print with a studio pro software, same results. The cartridge are clean that's not the problem. The worst problem is printing black and white photos, they never come out black and white, they always end up with a blue tint. Anybody have tried this printer ? Are they all like that or did I buy a lemon ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi, while your issue sounds like something entirely different as the issue on mine, check this thread, perhaps this also solves your problem: https://www.printerforums.net/threads/canon-ix6810-distorted-pgbk-prints.69080

Len

Hi, I also have this exact same problem. I swear I will never buy another Canon printer. This one has been an absolute pain almost since day one. My old HP never gave a single problem until the day it died after many years of use. My B & W photos come out almost unrecognisable, my colour photos are pale and almost monochrome. I can do without this frustration, I just want things to work. I bought Canon thinking they were better than average, but sadly I was conned. Once bitten....

D

Deleted member 14725

Hi, I also have this exact same problem. I swear I will never buy another Canon printer. This one has been an absolute pain almost since day one. My old HP never gave a single problem until the day it died after many years of use. My B & W photos come out almost unrecognisable, my colour photos are pale and almost monochrome. I can do without this frustration, I just want things to work. I bought Canon thinking they were better than average, but sadly I was conned. Once bitten....
This model along the family of others who share the same printhead are often mentioned on forums showing issues, the one described here specifically, or the B200, it wasn't a widely popular or successful printer model. In your case you should consider changing the print head, if you live in the US it would be fairly easy to find, and if so, follow the instructions I shared.

Hey, I additionally have this identical issue. I swear I won't ever purchase another Ordinance printer. This one has been a flat out aggravation nearly since the very first moment. My old HP never gave a solitary issue until the day it passed on after numerous long periods of purpose. My B and W photographs come out practically unrecognizable, my variety photographs are pale and practically monochrome. I can manage without this dissatisfaction, I simply believe that things should work. I purchased Standard reasoning they were superior to average, however tragically I was conned. Once bitten....

Ask a Question