Canon Pixma MG5350 won't scan when there's no ink

I want to scan some documents with my Canon Pixma MG5350 but one of the ink cartridges is empty and I can't get rid of the error sign. I've tried all kinds of fixes suggested by people with other Canon printers which they say worked for them, but none of them have worked for me. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks.

Are you asking it to scan - or copy... There's quite a difference!!! I would have thought you could have scanned something without the need for inks...

Robbie....

Scan - it should let me because it doesn't require ink, but doesn't. This seems to be a common problem so it must have been programmed that way deliberately. I'm trying to find a way around it.

Not going to say this will work for you, but I read some place, that if you go to control panel, click on scanners and cameras, then click on the Canon icon, you should be presented with a menu that will allow you to scan...

I haven't got a Canon printer, so I've been unable to test this... But it might be worth your giving it a spin...

Robbie_DL...

Not sure if this will be of any use to you, but I use an Epson 610 printer, that will not scan if I simply click on the desktop icon, for it to do so...
But, if I go into control panel and right click on the printer icon there, a menu opens whereby I can preview or do a full scan on any form of documentation...

It might be worth your trying something similar, if you have not already done so...

Robbie_DL

Ask a Question