Canon Pixma MG5450 Vs MG5350 ?

Hi, so i want to buy a printer with direct disc printing and ive come across these two printers, Canon MG5450 & Canon MG5350. I dont know much about printers but these seem pretty similar but one is more expensive. Can somebody here tell me the real difference and which one is best to buy?

Heres some links:

MG5450:
canon.ie/For_Home/Product_Finder/Multifunctionals/Inkjet/PIXMA_MG5450/

MG5350:
canon.ie/For_Home/Product_Finder/Multifunctionals/Inkjet/PIXMA_MG5350/index.aspx

Last edited:
I'm curious where you are located. UK? Europe? USA?

The web-pages you provided had "Specs", but I didn't see details like how many nozzles in the print-head. That tends to be a significant distinctive between models. More nozzles generally means better print speed.

Hmmm ... the two printers appear to use different ink cartridges ...
MG5350 ... CLI-525 & PGI-525
MG5450 ... CLI-551 & PGI-550

In the USA, the that might be CLI-225 & PGI-226n (previous generation), and the other CLI-251 & PGI-250 (latest for separate C-M-Y-K carts).

The CLI-551 based printer is probably newer, which isn't necessarily better.

My impression is that the recent generations of Canon non-pro printers have become more and more difficult for individuals and even commercial ink vendors to refill. So you may be stuck with few or no options to very expensive Canon OEM ink.

I believe there may be resetters for CLI-226 / CLI-526, so individuals and commercial ink vendors can refill carts. I don't think that is yet the case for the latest generation of Canon printers.

With a low volume of printing, it doesn't necessarily matter, and the older printer is probably fine or even preferred.

With higher volumes of printing, you are going to get soaked on ink costs, and you might consider tackling the formidable learning curve of getting an older CLI-8 based printer and learning how to refill.

Ask a Question