Canon PIXMA MG5720 won't print 2 sided (Mac)

My Canon PIXMA MG5720 stopped printing in 2-sided mode, after almost 4 years of flawless performance. I downloaded a new driver just in case that was the problem. (Well after the problem presented itself.) Nope. I'm running a Mac, Catalina OS, but that was the case before the problem presented itself. The Mac updates automatically, so I don't know if the printer interface w Catalina has changed recently.

That's odd. Not sure what to suggest. While I don't have your particular model I do have two Canon printers (MX922 and MX860) and both are using the latest latest Canon software and drivers. I'm also on a mac running Catalina but I can still print duplex on either one so I'm not sure what might have happened. Have you tried deleting the MG5720 through the Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers then installing your printer again?

Edit: Another long shot but has your mac been restarted since the update?

Ask a Question