Canon Pixma MP630 photo printing problem

Hi,

I've recently bought a Canon Pixma MP630 multifunction printer. Im experiencing a slight problem printing photos off.

I insert an SD memory card into the slot and i select the photo i need and the paper size.

The paper type i use for photos is the Plus Glossy II option, and the size is 4"x6", borderless print.

The problem i'm facing, though, is that when i print out the photos, it will not print out the full photo, its like its been slightly zoomed in as a bit of the top and bottom have been cut off, which is a bit annoying. The size i've selected is correct so its a little strange?

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you for all your help

re4ryu

I am no expert but I think all printers do the same. Everyone I have had does and I have had Lexmark, HP, Epsom and Canon. It has something to do with the photo's shape and the paper shape not matching.

The printer will have to reform the image to make it border-less by stretching it to fit the paper. By doing this is cuts off part of the image that it outside the new shape and you lose part of the edges.

If you notice when you take pictures to be printed somewhere the same thing happens to the image. I had prints done last year and I could not understand why they had less detail on the edges as the same ones I printed at home with borders. The reason I recently found out was as stated.

If you notice the borders are also not exactly the same all the way around so presumable even with borers it has to reshape the image to fit the shape of paper a bit.

I think there are certain programmes you can get that allow the image to be shaped to fit border-less and keep all the detail but the printer does not have a specific function that I know of that will help.

They can put a man on the mood but they can't make camera's, printers and paper all work in harmony!

I'm sorry I did not have a more positive response.

Hi Marmalade,

First of all thank you very much for replying! I had a look around and in the end i just had to resize the photos myself in order to get a proper print. You're right, there's no way it can be done with the printer itself, and it can't be done with any other printer either.

I guess that's the only way, but oh well, it doesn't matter.

Once again, thank you for all your help on the matter!! Much appreciated!! :)

re4ryu

Ask a Question