Canon Pixma MX700 Black Ink Issue

For some reason lately when I print anything with black ink it will print out but it looks scratchy, the best way to describe it. The lines and words are not clear and seem to have lines going through them where it doesn't print solid. I have tried the maintenance settings on the printer to do a nozzle check, cleaning, and deep cleaning and all fail to solve the issue.

I am out of ideas how to fix the printer and I really enjoy this printer and hate to have to go with another printer.

Help!

You are on the right track. You have performed print head cleaning and deep cleaning also. If the problem still the same it means the print head is in very bad clogged. I think you should consider replacement of new print head :)

What about a brand new Canon MX420 , the black has an almost "lint" covered look to it . No real vertical lines or anything , just not solid .

Is it because its brand new , been doing many test prints black and white . Even "test patterns" off the web . Ran acouple of maintenance runs off the unit settings and says its fine .

My 1st printer , was going to get an HP6500A but was kinda ugly compared to the Pixa MX420 for same features and better price , minus Airprint option .

Ask a Question