Canon Pixma MX920 won't recognize photo paper in tray

Hi Forum Folke,

My canon pixma MX920 started refusing to print to photo paper. No recent changes to drivers or post-windows update or anything. When I drill down into the "Properties" for it, it lists only "Letter 8.5"x11" 22x28cm." There's no way to manually add another paper, at least not from there.

When I try to print photos, I select "print," and from there find the preferences... select photo printing, photo paper type and size, hogh-quality printing, apply... then back out to the "print" dialog, and hit "print,"... and out comes a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Doesn't matter what combination of settings I enter, it just ignores the photo paper. And yes, the paper is loaded correctly, and the cassette is fully and correctly inserted into the printer.

Canon isn't much help with this... I'm still waiting for a reply from them; been waiting almost a week now... so here I am.

Any input gratefully accepted!!

Hi ruffin,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry... I've been having a number of issues with this #@&%! Dell laptop... I do so miss my Asus... guess I overlooked the OS. Yep, Windows 10 (utter garbage, but that's another story.) The thread the url points to doesn't clear anything up; I've been setting these preferences both from the invoking app, and when that didn't work, from Control Panel>Printers and Devices. About the only thing I hadn't tried was resetting everything to default, then trying to change them again after that. I'll give that a whirl and see if it makes any difference.

Ask a Question