Canon PIXMA TR4500

Hi guys,
A newbie on here with some - might be - basic problems.

Firstly: I can't get the WIFI to work - but I'll come back to that.

Secondly: I have connected it by usb as I need to do some work. I've managed to write a couple of letters, and envelopes. (mind you, you have to be very careful with the paper, it doesn't like it a trifle out !?)
However, I'm struggling to get it to scan or copy !

I'm now a disabled pensioner and been using PC's since Windows just started - along with printers - all sorts of printers, so I'm embarrassed that I can't sort this out. Mind you, the manual leaves a lot to be desired !

There is a 'copy' image on the top, which I assumed would make it copy. But it doesn't: it lights up with how many copies, but I can't get passed that.
Similarly with the 'scan' button - nothing.

Thirdly: The printer doesn't show up in my Photoshop.

Has anyone had this, and sorted it ?

Any help really appreciated.
GK

I have sorted out the Copy & Scan.
I almost sorted the wifi, but it asks me to insert the router password. I can get the letters,,,, but not the numbers. There is usually somewhere to change from one to the other, but I can't find it.

I know I sound a bit dim,,,, but the little grey cells are falling away,,,,,,,,,,

cheers

PS: I could do with help with all the printers in my signature (apart from Photosmart). If anyone has time to advise - I'd be greatly appreciative.

Last edited:

Ask a Question