Canon Pixma

Hi Gang...New here.

I want to get a canon printer that will do CD, DVD disks, and I have been doing a lot of reading on this subject, and about these Canon Pixma printers.

One thing I have been reading is this, so many people say one will do this and another will say no it won't.

My understanding is the Canon Pixma MX870 can be converted to do this. You have to buy the tray, and do some changes to the menu on the printer, and put the drivers in for it from the software you get with the printer.

Now my question is this, can you or can't you do this.????? I have a good chance of getting one of these printers at a good price, but I would like to know this before I put out the bucks for it.

Thanx....Gunny

Hi Gang

Do you mean to tell me all these people that have looked at my post, does not have an answer to my question.?

I thought for sure this forum would have the answer to my question before the ink dried on my post.

Thats strange, no one knows the answer to this. I guess I will have to go to another forum.

Thanx...Gunny

I have a canon mp600 that does all that and it works well. I bought it a few years ago so the latest version could be called something else.

Hi aoife

Thanx for getting back to my post. Well I have bought a Canon MP530, and I have removed the black plastic strip, and down loaded al the drivers for it, now I tried the changes you have to do to the printer, with the buttons and none of them seem to work.

I have tried them several times, and I am sure I am doing them right. Did you have any trouble doing these steps.? I have the tray ordered too. It seems that all the sites I go too for this information with the buttons, have several diff mods, and none for this particular mod. I have tried several diff combinations and none seem to work, I can't find a site that says how to do this for my mod.

Thanx...Gunny

Hi...Like I have said I have tried this stuff with pushing a series of buttons to get to the maint window, and it don't seem to work. Could it be that the reminder keeps coming up that I need a black ink, and this is what is stopping me from getting to the maint window.????

Thanx...Gunny

Ask a Question