Canon TM200 colour banding issues

Hi,

I'm having an issue with a LFP Canon TM200 when printing on A2 or A3 in which the banding effect is present on all colours, matching the background colour, but in a darker nuance (instead of the generic white lines which represent a clogged nozzle)

Example: when printing a page that has a background of brown, the lines in the banding are a darker brown, going over all the surface where that colour is present on the paper. The same goes for other colours.

I changed the print-head, made all alignments, tried different types of paper (cut sheets, rolls, coated, plain, you name it), updated the firmware on the machine, updated the drivers on the computers (3 different computers where used for trial) and it still has the same issues.

I made some tests with A4 paper size and it interestingly didn't have the banding.

Now.. I'm not sure if it's a ink density issues due to the paper size, a media type issue, or some settings which I'm missing, but I can't get rid of this whatever I try.

Any ideas? :)

Hi,

I'm having an issue with a LFP Canon TM200 when printing on A2 or A3 in which the banding effect is present on all colours, matching the background colour, but in a darker nuance (instead of the generic white lines which represent a clogged nozzle)

Example: when printing a page that has a background of brown, the lines in the banding are a darker brown, going over all the surface where that colour is present on the paper. The same goes for other colours.

I changed the print-head, made all alignments, tried different types of paper (cut sheets, rolls, coated, plain, you name it), updated the firmware on the machine, updated the drivers on the computers (3 different computers where used for trial) and it still has the same issues.

I made some tests with A4 paper size and it interestingly didn't have the banding.

Now.. I'm not sure if it's a ink density issues due to the paper size, a media type issue, or some settings which I'm missing, but I can't get rid of this whatever I try.

You have to print
larger sheet to have time to play with the next adjustment:
during printing,press the settings button on the plotter display >maintenance>paper feed fine adjustment>you have to select and see what setting between -5 and +5 fits/prints whitout banding.
The setting you select works instant so it would be great to do that with the front cover opened to see if it prints ok or not.
You can use the blue cleaning tool from the left to cover the sensor from the right.

Hi,

did you solve the problem? The same thing happens to me and I don't know what it could be.

Ask a Question