Canon TS5050 not responding

I have recently purchased a Canon TS5050 I have set it up wirelessly on my wife's laptop and it works perfectly and also on my tablet The trouble is I cant get it to work on my main work PC . On the Canon print utility app I can choose "Printer information" and it informs me that my printer has plenty of ink and plenty of signal strength and that it is "Ready to print" . I immediately go to print something and it comes up with "Printer not responding". If it can respond to the app why can it not respond to the order to print . Anyone please help before it ends up being thrown through the window .

I use the Norton firewall and have set up an exception to let the printer through , however I have also disabled it to see if something is wrong there but that makes no difference . File and printer sharing is on but when I go to printer properties - sharing -share this printer I get "Printer settings could not be saved . The parameters are incorrect"

For Windows 7 -> 10
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click TS5050 Icon -> Select See Whats Printing
Click "Printer" at top of page, Remove Check "Use Printer Offline"

Thank you for the suggestion but it was set to print online . I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled It found the printer to install the driver then printed the test sheet , I immediately tried to print and it said "printer offline" .
Using the Canon quick menu I have clicked Printer Information and it tells me that ink to spare and signal strength of 65% and it states at the top "Ready to print" I try to print and get "printer is offline" GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Just as a test move your pc nearer to router. Since laptop and tablet function normally, maybe it is router signal
problem.

Thanks again but I have tried that and my old Kodak printer worked perfectly in the same positions (until it started leaking ink) .
I have even tried it connected to PC with USB with the same results .

Ask a Question