CANON TS9521C - Colors print grainy and blacks bleeding on cardstock

akl

Photos below~

Hi there! I just bought this printer and I'm running into some issues with the ink. I have done a deep clean, print alignment and cartridge cleaning.
I bought 4x6 uncoated Hamlico cardstock to print out greeting cards. It's just graphics and text saved as CMYK PDF. The best color quality is printing on the matte photo paper setting. Every other setting comes out washed out.

1) The colors show very grainy. I've tried different settings and nothing is working. I tried to print on 'inkjet cardstock' setting and 'plain paper' setting but matte photo paper still comes out the best. I tried using different paper, and also printing RGB but it's still happening.

2) The blacks are bleeding. I've tried different types of paper for this. I also saw to switch the settings to plain paper as it will lay less ink down but that hasn't helped. I've gone through all the cleaning settings and am now wondering if I should just return this printer to buy one that is hopefully better quality because even when I print on plain letter paper, the black ink is still bleeding and looks very off.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited:

Ask a Question